We are opening the church this Sunday (May 24th). An email has been sent out with all the details. The information that was sent out can be found below. You can call the office with any questions!
“I was glad when they said unto me let us go into the house of the Lord.” Psalm 122:1
We are getting back to worshipping together beginning May 24, 2020. We will have 2 services (8:20 and 11am) in 2 locations (sanctuary and all purpose room). Due to the gathering constraints we will be limited to 50 people per service. 25 in each location. With no other option, you will need to make reservations. We will accept people on a first come, first serve basis. Please call the office (814) 398-4243 Monday 8-5, Wednesday 8-5 or Friday 8-5 to let Debbie know your preferences and number attending. With these thoughts in mind, we have some guidelines for those attending.
Please read thoroughly to see what issues will affect you and your family.
COVID Measures for your Protection:
1. If you are in the category of people at risk to become seriously ill from the CoVid virus we ask that you remain at home and worship with us remotely. Those most at risk are those with: cancer, diabetes, people with lung issues, cardiac patients, pregnant women, people 65 and older, liver disease, kidney disease, organ transplants or other immunosuppressed patients, high blood pressure, severe obesity, or any serious chronic underlying conditions. (list from CDC)
2. Please do not attend if even slightly sick.
3. Please bring and wear a mask as required by the state mandate.
4. We are anticipating abbreviated services (45 minutes total). We are requesting that you use the restroom at home before attending worship due to the impracticality of cleaning our restrooms between each person’s use.
5. Use the recommended social distancing rules of at least 6 feet. A pew between families in the sanctuary and a row between families in the all purpose room.
6. Place your offering in the plate at the back of the church when entering or leaving. We will not have the ushers passing the plates.
7. On Communion Sundays, pick up prepackaged elements on your way in. We will not have the Deacons passing out the elements
8. We request that no one shake hands or hug. Elbow bump, if you must. Lol.
9. Bibles and hymnals have been removed from the pews to protect from cross contamination.
10. Tissues and bags for their disposal will be available at the end of each pew. Place used tissues in a bag and take it with you and discard as you leave.
11. Everyone is asked to enter and exit using the back entrance (the doors under the portico).
12. Hand Sanitizer is available outside the All Purpose Room and at the back entrance.
13. We will not offer Sunday School at the current time.
14. We will not have any beverages or snacks available at the current time.
If any of these guidelines are too restrictive and you do not feel that you can abide by any of these guidelines the sermon will still be available on line as before.
Remember our purpose is to worship the Lord and grow spiritually. Please come with a heart of worship and not a heart of critiquing. We are all struggling through this together.